Wednesday 7 May 2014

Jean Munos, Pelicano Bar, Sydney

Opening in May 2012, Pelicano Bar has become an iconic venue in Sydney Eastern Suburbs for everyone who enjoys sophistication, glamour and great cocktails.

The venue is slick, chic and clean. The atmosphere reminds you of a beautiful yacht with nautical decoration, a copper bar with rivets and refined artwork hanging on the wall.

Jean Munos, award winning bartender and General Manager at Pelicano kindly answered some of our questions.

Could you please tell us a little bit about you, your bartending career?


Jean Munos, General Manager 
I grew up in the South West of France and discovered my passion for bartending when working at Buddha Bar in Paris.

I came to Australia for a year after competing in some bartending competitions around Asia and I never left!

I’ve now been living in Sydney for nearly eight years where I have been bar consulting and have also worked in many different bars around the city such as the Lincoln, Zeta and Felix to name but a few.

I also worked as a Brand Ambassador in Asia for Hennessy and more recently for Grand Marnier here in Australia.

I joined Pelicano when they opened in May 2012 convinced that it would become a Sydney institution. It has been two years now and every day is a reward.

Tell us more about Pelicano Bar, what is so special about it?


Pelicano is the kind of venue that is chic, sophisticated but not pretentious. When you push the doors, the venue takes you on a journey through the French Riviera on a hot summer’s night. The music is jazz, blues and rare groove – it is a glamorous and relaxing place for an after work drink or a nice dinner with friends. Then the music goes up, the place gets full and it becomes the perfect venue for great soul and swing to dance with glitz and class.

I recommend people come down and see it for themselves – it’s such a glamorous and outstanding venue.


Who has been an influence and a source of inspiration for you?

I have been lucky enough to work in many different countries, discover different cultures and work with many types of people. I would therefore say that it was this melting pot of culture that has really inspired me over the years.

What is your style of cocktail? 
I don't have any specific style, it always depends on the time of the day, the season or the occasion. I really like to adapt my drinks and make sure I fully enjoy the moment.


What do you like about FAIR.?
The philosophy behind it, authenticity, it’s premium and ethical. It’s clearly FAIR :)



What is your favourite drink you have had with FAIR.?
Well - there are many different FAIR cocktails that I like but the one that is getting popular here at Pelicano is the FAIR Goji Sour. It's fresh, balanced and seriously tasty.


Want to find out more about Pelicano Bar? Visit their Website & Facebook 

No comments:

Post a Comment