Friday 24 January 2014

Thierry Chouquet, Hôtel Americano, NYC





Located in the heart of Manhattan’s Chelsea neighborhood alongside the world’s best art galleries and New York’s famed High Line Park, the 56-room hotel features decidedly Mexican touches, like an outdoor rooftop pool that becomes a hot tub in winter, along with very New York-style details like iPads in every room that are full of recommendations for the best local galleries, restaurants and shops. Hôtel Americano has two restaurants and bars, as well as locally-produced bicycles guests can use to explore the High Line and Hudson River Park.

Can you please tell us more about you? What is your background? How long have you been working at the Hotel Americano?

My name is Thierry Chouquet and I am French. I've been living in New York for 12 years. I've been in the hospitality business for around 20 years now, and about 3 years with the Hotel Americano. It's doing really well!

FAIR. celebrated New Year's Eve at Hotel Americano. No better way to start 2014! 

What do you like about FAIR. ?

FAIR. is a very good concept, the Fairtrade and Sustainable Business makes a lot of sense. We're trying to get more and more local, organic and fair trade spirits behind our bar. This is a good match with our hotel concept, very high-end and boutique. The new FAIR packaging is just fantastic! It's look like our business card (laughs)! The FAIR brand is more than a liquor brand, this is a real philosophy in itself. François is exceptional at representing FAIR…

The new packaging in good hands!

What is you're favorite cocktail made with FAIR. ?

Thierry Chouquet and The Gojipolitan
The “Re-invention” is our number one seller. It combines both of my favorite brands, which are Combier and FAIR.

This cocktail is like a Cosmopolitan, but re-invented… 2oz of FAIR. Quinoa Vodka, 1oz of Combier crème de pamplemousse, 1oz of lime juice and 1oz of blood orange juice.

I think I have to many oz… (laughs)



Want to find out more Hôtel Americano? Visit their Website and Facebook

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it's one of the more entertaining hotels in NYC. Glad you shared the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This hotel seems worth trying out. I’m sure the bars are good too. I’ve been to some of the best hotel bar nyc so I have a high standard to satisfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing hotel in New York. I would love to go there but I think it is a little too expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete