Friday 22 August 2014

Freddy Lucina - A'Rhum - Paris

With over 500 references sourced from all over the world, A'Rhum is the rum lover's answer to 'La Maison du Whisky'. Created in 2011 by Freddy Lucina and Eric Valette, A'Rhum is now one of the most famous Rum Shop in Paris. Today meet Freddy Lucina!

Could you please tell us a little bit about you, your career and your retail store?

I started my career working in a hardware store for 11 years. Even though I had a good situation, I had another project in minda new professional challenge: creating a shop dedicated to Rum. 

Why Rum? Because many people could not find some specific rums in Paris they were looking for, the concept was obvious.




What is the thing you like the most about your job?

I like the interactions with the customers. Since people are looking for advice, it is definitely rewarding to have the feeling of being helpful.

Being able to help novices, as well as amateurs, discovering new rums in terms of taste and origins is fascinating.

Tell us more about A'Rhum, what is so special about it?

The main goal is to arouse people’s curiosity with more than 700 rums from more than 50 different countries.


Who has been an influence and a source of inspiration for you?

Nobody but my own passion for Rum.

What are your favorite rums?

I can’t answer this question because I appreciate any kind of Rum in a different way. My palate is permanently looking for new flavors.

What do you like/dislike about the French/Parisian Rum scene?

Like - I am really excited about open-minded people looking for novelty. It is really funny to observe adults being amazed like children by the richness of the Rum market.

Dislike - As a consequence of the tax system in France, the goods become quite expensive and it’s a shame. Also I have the feeling that we are not that open to foreign products because we are focused on the french Rum. It is time to create the international Rum culture vs the French rhum culture.

What do you like about FAIR.?

I really love the FAIR. rums because of their origins and especially because they are very pleasant to drink. It is a good balance between some whiskies – dry – and traditional/classical rums – sometimes too sweet.

In addition to that, they are very affordable. That is the reason why consumers try them and come back for those items.

No comments:

Post a Comment