Monday 23 June 2014

Christian de Montaguère - Caribbean 'Art de Vivre' in Paris

Tell us a bit more about you, your background, your story, etc.

First of all, I was born and raised in Guadeloupe – French West Indies. In 2001, I moved to Paris to work in the Luxury industry at Giorgio Armani for 7 years. During these years, I had the idea of opening the first and unique store dedicated to promote the Caribbean « Art de Vivre ».


What do you like most about your job?

For the very first time in my professional career, I completely love my job. I created everything from scratch. Being in touch with so many people makes me happy and makes my job interesting.

Tell us more about CDM Shop: what is so special about it?

This is a concept store dedicated to promote the Caribbean «Art de Vivre».  We carry a wide range of products such as rums, cosmetics, perfumes, books and delicatessen.


What is your main source of inspiration?

Being from the West Indies is my biggest source of inspiration. More precisely, I wanted to focus on the unity of the different Caribbean communities. Most of them ignore that they are similar because they don’t speak the same language and share the same history.

What are your favorite Rums?

It depends on my mood but also on the people who drink with me. I have to confess that I have a preference for the French style.

What do you like/dislike about the French /Parisian Rum scene?

I like that Rum is still a brand new trend in the French/Parisian scene. Therefore, customers are extremely curious. We have an important educational role to play among Parisians and French people, to help them discover or re-discover Rum.

However I don’t like the fact that too many people still favour very aged spirits at the expense of Rums. As a French person I would prefer to encourage those people to drink local spirits, such as Cognac or Armagnac, instead of Whisky.

What do you like about FAIR.?

I really like its dedication to support independent farmers. FAIR. respects their work as well as the environment, which is something quite unique in the Rum industry. This is a very important aspect that I like to highlight in comparison to other brands.

Want to find out more about CDM shop? Visit its WebsiteFacebook

No comments:

Post a Comment