Friday 27 June 2014

Padraig O'Brien - Andaz 5th - New York

Born and raised in the Sonoran desert town of Tucson, Arizona, Padraig developed an appreciation for thirst quenching drinks. Over the years, this appreciation grew into a strong passion for "all things potable".

Tell us more about you. What is your background?

I’ve been living in New York for 4 years now, but I’ve been a bartender for about 10 years. I started at 18 when I became legal to serve alcohol. At first I wasn’t sure I would keep doing that job for very long.  But I was lucky to meet with a master who introduced me to the craft cocktails made with unique and fresh ingredients. Ever since that I‘ve been passionate about it and I think about cocktails and recipes all day long.

How long have you been working for Andaz?

I’ve been working there for almost 4 years now. Before, I participated in numerous cocktail competitions. In 2010, I was offered an apprenticeship at Tales of the Cocktail in New Orleans. Right after that, I started working at The Bar Downstairs. I've now created my own consulting team, named Hatchet Proof

What do you like about FAIR. ?

I believe FAIR is a really high quality product, extremely pure. I like that the brand is using unconventional ingredients to come up with a great tasting product. It also shows how versatile vodka can be.

What is the key strength of FAIR. Vodka?

I really like FAIR. because of its excellent taste. The fair trade aspect of the product was really important to me as well. I’m trying to go to coffee shops that are fair trade. It is an important process because the people who harvest the quinoa or the coffee really have the hardest work to do.

What is your favorite cocktail?

It really depends on my mood. A classic “Vesper” is always a nice go to. On a warm sunny day I’ll go for a “Bicycle Built For Two” and if it’s a little bit cloudy on a Spring day, I’ll go for the “Loving Armful”.


Want to find out more about Andaz? Visit their Website and Facebook & to have more informations on Hatchet Proof, visit their Website

No comments:

Post a Comment